Air New Zealand – Grabaseat Blackberry App
Business Challenge & Background
Air New Zealand seeks to offer their mobile services to as many people across as many platforms as possible. This being the case Air New Zealand had a requirement to extend their mobile Grabaseat offering to Blackberry users.
Air New Zealand engaged with Marker Studio for the design and development of the Blackberry Grabaseat offering.
What We Did
The development approach was to create a Blackberry widget app. For handling of notifications, the users preferences are stored locally on the phone and for alerts the Blackberry messaging API is utilised to create custom messages to pop into the users’ unified in box. These alerts provide updates based on the user’s filters, so if they live in Auckland they only get alerts for flight details leaving from that city.
BlackBerry users can now access Grabaseat deals from this widget and are able to:
- View grabaseat greenlight Deals (both Domestic and International)
- Filter and highlight flights from the preferred origin and up to 3 destinations
- Select 1 origin and up to 3 preferred destinations for “Alert me” functionality
- Select the travel period for which they are interested in
- Choose how often the data will be refreshed